Thursday, June 13, 2013

Happy Pills--Day 4-ish

Into my fourth day of happy pills and the drowsiness side effect is a myth.  I'm staying up a bit later each night because I'm simply not tired.  Eventually it just gets late and I head off to bed.  At that point, I'm falling asleep pretty easily, so maybe the side effect should be 'helps you sleep' instead of 'drowsiness.'  (However, each day it's getting harder to get out of bed).

After sleeping well for a few hours, there's still always something that wakes me and I'm struggling to fall back to sleep.  We have a poltergeist in our house.  This poltergeist causes a variety of problems; one of which is that something is always in need of repair.  As soon as we fix something, something bigger and more expensive falls ill and needs to be looked at.  I've somewhat resolved that by just leaving a few things broken.  However, another problem from the poltergeist is that when someone is using one of the five phones in the house, the alarm clock starts making a God-awful staticy sound.

I'm not sure what was going on this morning, but just before 6 AM that damned clock starting making a crazy sound.  Pushing the snooze button did nothing.  So I gave it a gentle toss across the room.  Seriously, had I not been on happy pills, I'd have chucked the clock into the wall as hard as I could, but since I'm more mature and mellow now, I gently tossed it aside.

But in an effort to test my new happy pills, the clock mocked me by continuing it's annoying song.  Being that I'm more mature and mellow now, instead of getting out of bed and making sure the clock never sang again, I merely unplugged it.  I didn't get the impression my lovely wife appreciated my newfound maturity, but it's better than how I normally would have handled it.

The poison oak I lost a battle with the other day is becoming increasingly annoying.  I'm jonesing to take a hair brush and just start scratching my arm.  Also, I've got a couple weird looking spots on my legs that look different than my arms.  I thought they were just cuts from the branches, but they're starting to itch as well.  Fortunately, the happy pills have matured me beyond belief so no worries.


No comments:

Post a Comment