Friday, December 21, 2012

"I'm just a little bit caught in the middle..."

I don't watch a lot of movies.  At home we have HBO and Skintothemax, so I might catch a movie once in a while, but I'm not taking out a loan to go to the theater.  However, a few weeks ago DirecTV was offering Starz or Encore for the weekend so I managed to Tivo a few things that I hadn't seen yet.  One was Moneyball and I finally watched it last night. 

It was a good movie, not exactly factually correct, but still a good movie.  In the movie there's a song played a couple times that I didn't find on the credits at the end of the movie.  But, after a 1 AM Google search, I found my new favorite song.

It's first heard while Brad Pitt's character is shopping at some guitar place with his daughter.  She finds a guitar she likes, then starts singing this song.  Somewhere along the way, the daughter burns the song of her playing to DVD and at the end of the movie, Brad Pitt's character plays the DVD while driving in his truck.

Google tells me it's some chick named Lenka that sings the song, and here it a YouTube video of Lenka playing my new favorite song on some TV show I don't watch.



It reminds me a lot of a song that used to be my favorite that was played on some commercial over and over.  I think it was an Apple commercial or something like that, but I dont really remember.  The singer of that song was Faust and I'm sure you all remember it.  Watch both videos and see if both songs aren't similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment