Friday, November 9, 2012

Bad Kitty

I should have seen it coming.  Deep down, it just made sense.  She's been a bad kitty since we brought her home.  She's always knocking shit over, always getting into things she's not supposed to, always sleeps 23 hours a day and that one hour she's awake is from 4:30 AM to 5:30 AM. 

She's quite the talker too.  Never shuts up.  I thought Jennifer and I sounded like a broken record in dealing with Hayden and the thousand times a day we say, 'No,' but now the only thing we seem to say is 'shut up,' because all Porter does it talk.  She just never shuts up.  She's like a teenage girl on a brand new cell phone...talk, talk, talk, talk, talk.

So, to summarize, she's a royal pain in the ass.  Sure, she's cute, and honestly, who wants an animal that doesn't have a little attitude?  But jeez, once in a while it would be nice to have a second cat like Sneaky.  Sneaky is a great cat, very similar to me--rub our bellies once in a while and leave us alone the rest of the time.

Ok, enough background, onto the story.  A couple weeks ago, I took Porter to the vet to have her lady pieces removed.  The vet went in and changed her plumbing and said to bring her back in a couple weeks to have the stitches removed.  He said to keep her from the other animals for a couple days immediately following the surgery and that he'd take care of the stitches when I brought her back. 

Honestly, with the way Porter always starts fights with Sneaky and Memphis (the beagle), I fully expected to have to rush her back after one of the other animals gave her a good kidney punch, but that never happened.  Or so I thought.

I took Porter in today.  I handed the Kitty Carrier to the lady with the nice hair at the receptionist's desk and she said she'd be back in a few minutes.  I sat down and maybe 45 seconds later the lady with the nice hair was bringing back the kitty. 

I mentioned how quick that was, and she informed me that the stitches had already been removed.  I said, "Well...I didn't do it and you didn't do it, who took them out?"  We paused and both looked over at a very guilty looking kitty.  Porter just turned her head and started staring out the window.

It very easily could have been Sneaky or Memphis, but knowing Porter I think I have a good idea who the bad kitty is.  I asked the lady with the nice hair, "Can I set up an appointment to get her declawed, or have she already removed those too?"  I'll probably have another similar story in a month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment