Thursday, November 22, 2012

Charlie Brown and turkey

While changing clothes last night, I was in my bedroom listening as Hayden and Jennifer watched the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving show.  I wasn't paying much attention until I heard this gravelly sounding guy that I'd guessed had been smoking a few packs a day for the last 30 years.  Not recalling many adults in any of the Charlie Brown episodes (seriously, where were the parents), I turned to watch, only to discover it was Pestermint Patty. 

It's been some years since I've watched any of the shows I enjoyed as a kid (I believe Frosty the Snowman is on Friday night), but I don't recall Pestermint Patty being so butch.  Amazed, I watched for a few more minutes.  In watching I discovered that not only was Pestermint Patty extremely butch, but Marcie was her bitch.  If you haven't noticed the same thing, I suggest you give the old shows a viewing and see if you agree.

I started wondering if maybe it was a bit too mature for Hayden to be watching, but my worries were put to ease as he only seemed to enjoy the parts where the adults speak in that mumbled 'whah whah whah' noise. 

Regardless, Merry Thanksgiving to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment