Saturday, October 13, 2012

Couple thoughts about this video



My first thought when watching this video was, "Wow.  That black lab is a better person than me."  If given the same situation, a couple humans caught in a canoe, I'm not really sure what I'd do.  If there were people I knew, I'd be inclined to help (I think); but if it was total strangers, my thinking would likely be, "Sucks to be you."

The black lab, named Robbie, jumps in to save his mates.  Initially, I didn't know if he was going to make it because the canoe seems to be stuck and Robbie is slowly drifting down stream.  Ultimately, he grabs hold of something tethered to the canoe and pulls his buds to shore.

Early on in the video, I was focused on Robbie and the pups in the canoe and didn't catch some of the other happenings.  Then it occurred to me that someone from the shore is constantly yelling instructions to Robbie.  Since the voice I heard was barking (no pun intended) instructions in English, I felt fairly certain that the instructions came from a human like me, and as such, likely had an opposable thumb.  Surely it would be easier to save the dogs in the canoe if you actually had hands and digits instead of paws.

My second thought when watching the video was when Robbie appeared to be drifting away from the canoe.  Surely, the dipshit yelling from the shore would jump into action to save the dogs.  I put myself in his shoes and concluded that if my puppy, Memphis, was in the water like that, I'd not hesitate to jump in (yeah, I know, weird-->if a human was stuck in the canoe, I'd hesitate, but if my puppy was in there, I wouldn't think twice about jumping in). 

However, I was wrong and the dipshit on the shore remained on the shore.  About this time, the video was ending and you see the disphit run to greet Robbie when Robbie makes it back to shore with the two other dogs.  It's at this point, I realized not only was there a dipshit on the shore doing nothing but telling Robbie what to do, but there was an even more worthless dipshit taking video of the whole thing. 

Two guys, standing on the shore doing nothing, while a dog jumps in and saves the day.  And some wonder why I like animals more than people.

No comments:

Post a Comment